Friday, November 20, 2009

Could i guess it ??

I just recalled something today, that too after hearing the name of one of my most favorite teacher at college, yes you can start guessing ? …. Well it was a day that brings a smile on my face whenever I think about it, it was something I won’t call ethically wright but I loved each and every moment of it….

This happened during the days we were organizing ACE conference in our college, we being in the core committee were so busy, and were roaming all around doing bits and pieces of the leftover work. The story starts of here: Sahil comes to me and says “ajaa print out kadne ne last lab cho”, I said “I I, sir" just to sound funny. So we walk up to the lab and start off, taking out the prints. It is then that I discovered that one of our teacher was sitting on a PC abt 14 feet from us i.e roughly 5 PC’s in between, so I said “Good afternoon mam” and got an expected reply followed by a sentence “Tanuvir, have we done 'this and this' topics” in class yet ( I don’t remember what they were neither did I knew had we done them or not :P), so I looked up to sahil who said “Yes, mam”. Just then I added “Mam, are you setting our 2nd sessional paper ?”, “Yes”, she said. That was it and we resumed to take our printouts, meanwhile mam had to rush out for some urgent work.

Sahil says, ”Oye the PC is still on ”, “Which one” I said.
laloo, the one mam was using”, “ooo” I added.
So he goes upto the PC only to find that its been locked with a password, so we carry on our work…

After sometime, mam came back with phone in one of her hand and sat down to logon. I just glared at her keyboard and because she was typing the password with one hand, I got too see much more than I should have had got to. This is how she typed in, a key at centre followed by 3-4 keys towards the top left i.e qwerty corner of the keyboard followed by a key near to enter. I looked at the keyboard in front of me and tried to figure it out what could it be ??? Try yourself before proceeding :P ….

First key: should be 1 of “fghj”.
2345: towards top left i.e qwerty.
6: a key near to enter, in the middle
.

It did not take me long to figure out some guesses, I just tried to hit akey in centre of keyboard without looking at it and it was 'g', so I started of with a ‘g’ then thought the three four keys could be wera , cause q did not sound too cool ... lol :P , some reshuffling and it looked like a Punjabi jatt clan, reshuffling: “rewa” followed by a “l” i.e a key close to enter. So the password seemed to be “Grewal”. Just as I figured it out I realized mam had already gone out for some work, it was only me and sahil in that room now.

I said, ”Sahil , I just think I figured out mam’s password when she was typing”, “Are you kidding” the reply, then I told him all the logics I applied and what I had seen, he says ”Go ahead and try I will watchout”. So, here we go: I type in “grewal” and bang Windows comes up, write there in the centre of the screen is the file that says “___-2nd-sess.doc”, OMG I was so aesthetic to see that, I can’t just put it in words, a feeling of satisfaction like I had achieved an unachievable thing crept in. Though it was just an internal paper and considering I had never scored below 95% in any subject taught by that vary teacher, it still felt great and it still feels great today too.

So, I call up sahil who was actually amazed at this and I copied the file to his pendrive, we then locked the PC and started of with our work again. Now, Sahil says “Take print out of the paper as well when all the prints are done”, “Are you nuts I said, if it is found in some print history or something then?” , “Do you think anyone will be able to take it out of the history or is intelligent enough to do that or will have any thoughts of it ?? ”, “No", I said so we took out two prints (you would know many of our papers at college are half a page) i.e 2 on a page so 4 prints" and we are “off”… One went with sahil which was further shared between “manan and sahil”, one went with me ie “me and prince”, after that where was it circulated I don’t know, but I didn’t use much of it cause the paper almost covered all the taught topics :P, but it was an experience to cherish, "for long for sure"..
IT WAS ALL FOR FUN, I HAD NO SUCH INTENTIONS :P

10 comments:

  1. grewal madam shud knw abt dis !!! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. mast yar..whole scene might have been good as u mentioned..i was wondering nd rembr u talkd but i just did ignored..nd u never shared it with me...:( koi ni...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @^ did you need it man ??, jihna nu si load ohna nu deta si :P ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOoo....i didn't knew u were such a goood Writer...Keep it up Bro....:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. khushi paper milan di ni c, password pata laggan di c na!! ehoji gallaan te dimag la k kinna maza aunda

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha.. wahhhh.. Ur whole class must hv scored abv 95% 4 sure..^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. lolllll it was just for fun yaaa dats for sure.i was jst hainnnnnnnnnnn r u serious
    man i was thnkng mam will be shockd whn she will c my paper and give me full marks which was nvr happnd during whole my degree lolxxx...gr8 job done by tanuvir...
    and sorry harsh and other close frndzz ...
    selfishness is in human genes...:P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice narration buddy......small incident but gr8 narration

    ReplyDelete
  9. i agree... it was a job clinically done... using college's pc, teacher's password, college's printer and showing excellent presence of mind :) ... all in all - sasta te tikau !

    ReplyDelete
  10. ty awl for ur views..
    ty @jack n abhi for blogger comments :)...

    ReplyDelete