Monday, November 9, 2009

Orkut :- the start of Social Networking….

Today ahhh was just sittin idle thinking what to do while my steam client was getting updated, it read 39 % at that time. So I just opened up orkut (which somehow I have seized to use of lately), what next ummm should I goto “Communities and read stuff about joinings @ Accenture, counter strike, Enrique, bbsbec2005 ?? nah something else I opened up ma friendlist which read “182 friends”…

So I started browsing these profiles, with every profile, I could remember some old memories attached with that person first thought when did I add him or her ?? how had our friendship been, and what it is today. Some are with me right now, but many are not. There were some who could not make it to this new profile of mine, once google just trashed ma old google account neways that’s another story for another day.

So the thought process: Some of the people on list were added here me long before, and some are recent. Some good friends, some acquaintances, and some even ‘haven’t met’ types. There were those whom I’ve added and wanted to be in touch always, but probably couldn’t, may be due to the changing phases that come in every friendship..Then, there were friends whom I used to talk a lot online, but could see them pass by without saying even a ‘hi’. That was a kind of hypocrisy, or escapism. But none can be blamed. Ahh I remember sending those friend request both to known and unkown people :P … Bust this was a phase of life I was out of it soon, Recently I haven’t sent a friend request for months just accepted some and rejected some…
A feeling: I wanted to write a testimonial to express how good and important they are to me, I have done it for a few, a few still to go.
............................
“Orkut” what is it just a site ? nah I dunn guess so though these days the feelings are a bit different, but I cherish orkut ya I do. For it has given me a chance to know some people which otherwise I wouldn’t ever had known, friends ya some of them became with the way they touched my life, sadly not everyone of them could make it or take it as I couldn’t make it with them. But ya it has given me numerous memories to cherish, unlimited laughs, hours of discovering new people, new beliefs, n there are still friends on my list whom I haven’t met in person and I’ve been talking with them for almost 4 years now…. It’s a special feeling yes it is…

Did I know what wud it end into when I signed up for orkut ?? NOoooo….
Though these days most of people prefer gtalk to chat rather than replying to scraps… But I still try to keep it moving cause I love it for what it is.. And specially now facebook has eventually caught up the circles and is definitely making shifts in users specially in my friend circle for sure, but it's into your friendcircles not into discovering new connections, even if it is not to an extent orkut was or is :P ...
To end up for the people reading this right now, for those who are on my orkut friendlist, what do you think our relationship would have been the same if not for orkut ??
The last thing on mind Orkut – U did rock, u rock n u will…. Go go go….

2 comments:

  1. Yeah even i am a big fan of orkut,here i met lots of hot gals waoooo and i was prince of flirt there .i had near 300 frndzz 9000 scraps but soon whn i got into job i deleted my profile and made a new 1 where i have added only few ....
    @Tanuvir--->>yeeahhh m the one among few for whom he wrote a wonderful testimonial and we are tution frndz den college frndz nw orkut frndz as we are far from each other ..thnxx for being with me buddy
    love you alwyzz...........frndzz forver..

    ReplyDelete
  2. we came along during clg..and still..and will be..coz our egos stand no where..btw our friendship..gr8 to have nywhere wether orkut or facebook or ..gtalk..
    @prince..it has been gr8 for him..as he is into his profile again after leaving orkut for while..
    gr8 frndz...forever...

    ReplyDelete